Notice: This is a U.S. Government Web Site
- This is a World Wide Web site for official information about the Government-Industry Data Exchange Program (GIDEP). It is provided as a public service by the Department of Defense Defense Standardization Program Office (DSPO). The purpose is to provide information about GIDEP to the general public.
- All information on this site is public domain and may be distributed or copied unless otherwise specified.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this web site are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
- Except for authorized law enforcement investigation and to maintain required correspondence files, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used to simply determine how many users are accessing the site, which pages are the most popular, and from time to time, from which top level domain users are coming.
- Cookie Disclaimer: GIDEP's public web site does not use persistent cookies, i.e., tokens that pass information back and forth from your machine to the server and remain after you close your browser.
- Information Collected from E-Mail: If you identify yourself by sending an E-mail containing personal information:
You may volunteer to provide us personally identifying information, for example your mailing address, in an electronic mail message. Before you do so, you should know that the material you submit may be seen by various people. Also, e-mail is not necessarily secure against interception. If your communication is very sensitive or includes personal information, you may want to omit this information from the correspondence. Information collected in this manner may be used for responding to requests for information as well as other authorized purposes.
- Information Collected from GIDEP Application: Applicants applying for GIDEP membership are required to supply their name, official e-mail address, company name, address, phone, authorizing official information, etc. Before you do so, you should know that the material you submit is collected in a database and may be seen by various people such as internal GIDEP personnel, the GIDEP Help Desk, and the appropriate GIDEP representative and/or the Canadian liason (Canadian applicants only).
- Disclaimer for Hypertext Links: GIDEP is not responsible for the content of any off-site pages that are referenced by or that reference GIDEP's Home Page. The user specifically acknowledges that GIDEP is not responsible for any defamatory, offensive, misleading or illegal conduct of other users, links, or third parties and that the risk of injury from the foregoing rests entirely with the user.
Links from the GIDEP Home Page on the World Wide Web to other sites, or from other sites to the GIDEP Home Page, do not constitute an endorsement by GIDEP. These links are for convenience only. It is the responsibility of the user to evaluate the content and usefulness of information obtained from other sites.
- Disclaimer of Endorsement: Reference herein to any specific commercial products, processes, or services by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the United States Government.